WORRIED ABOUT BED BUGS?
Bed bugs have made a resurgence in the Wichita area in the past years. Getting rid of them can be difficult and bed bug control should be left to the professionals at Betts Pest Control. We have the expertise and trained technicians and equipment to eliminate your bed bugs.
How did bedbugs get in your house?
You or someone living in or visiting your home has been exposed to a place with a bed bug infestation (i.e. hotel/motel, friends’ homes, neighbors, places of business, etc.). Bed bugs are often reintroduced to a treated area by people revisiting an infested location. Betts provides professional, efficient bed bug control.
Bedbug Pre-Service Checklist
- Cleaning beds, curtains and linens in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. Place stuffed animals, shoes and other items that can’t be washed in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes.
- Use a dry stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbugs and their eggs before vacuuming.
- Vacuum your bed and surrounding area. After vacuuming, immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and place in garbage can outdoors.
- Purchase mattress and box spring encasement to install after treatment. Bedbugs may live up to a year without feeding, so keep the encasement on your mattress and box springs for at least a year to make sure all bugs in the mattress are dead.
- Remove all loose items such as clothing, shoes, toys, books trash or any other miscellaneous items from the floor from of the room(s) that is being treated.
- Any items that are removed from infected room(s) need to be placed in an airtight plastic bag or tote.
- Remove all outlet covers from walls in infected area.