WORRIED ABOUT BED BUGS?
Bed bugs have made a resurgence in the Wichita area in the past years. Getting rid of them can be difficult and bed bug control should be left to the professionals at Betts Pest Control. We have the expertise and trained technicians and equipment to eliminate your bed bugs.
How did bedbugs get in your house?
You or someone living in or visiting your home has been exposed to a place with a bed bug infestation (i.e. hotel/motel, friends’ homes, neighbors, places of business, etc.). Bed bugs are often reintroduced to a treated area by people revisiting an infested location. Betts provides professional, efficient bed bug control.
Bedbug Pre-Service Checklist
*If preparation is not completed there will be no service*
- Remove all loose items such as clothing, shoes, toys, books, trash or any other miscellaneous items from the floor of the room(s) that is/are being treated. Care must be exercised as not to spread bed bugs to other parts of the house until treatment is complete.
- Any items that are removed from infected room(s) need to be placed in an airtight plastic bag or tote.
- Clean bed linens and curtains in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. Place stuffed animals, shoes and other items that can’t be washed, in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes. Once dried, items must be put in a sealed, airtight plastic bag or tote until treatment is complete.
- Use a dry stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbug carcasses and their eggs, using a vacuum to clean debris as you scrub. When finished, remove mattress and box springs from bed frame and lean against a wall for treatment.
- After vacuuming mattress and surrounding areas, immediately take vacuum cleaner outside and empty into trash bin. Leave vacuum either outside or if not possible leave vacuum in garage for a few hours.
- Purchase mattress and box spring encasement to install after treatment. Bedbugs may live many months without feeding, so keep the encasement on your mattress and box springs for at least 6 months after treatment to make sure all bugs in the mattress are dead.
- Remove all outlet/switch covers from walls in infected area.
- No pedestal bed frames or platform framed beds will be treated. For treatment, all bed frames must be legged bed frames. Once bed bugs have been eliminated you may again use the pedestal or platform bed frames.