WORRIED ABOUT BED BUGS?
Bed bugs have made a resurgence in the Wichita area in the past years. Getting this issue under control and eliminating bed bugs can be difficult. Therefore, bed bug control should be left to the professionals at Betts Pest Control. Furthermore, we have trained technicians with expertise and equipment to eliminate your bed bugs.
How do bed bugs get in your home?
You or someone living or staying in your home has been exposed to a place with a bed bug infestation. For instance, this can include hotels and motels, friends’ homes, neighbors, or places of business. Additionally, bed bugs are often reintroduced by individuals revisiting an infested location. Most importantly, Betts provides professional and efficient bed bug control to eliminate these issues.
Bed Bug Pre-Service Checklist
*If preparation is not completed there will be no service*
- Remove all loose items such as clothing, shoes, toys, books, trash, etc. from the floor of the room(s) being treated. Care must be exercised to avoid spreading bed bugs to other parts of the house until treatment is complete.
- Any items removed from infected room(s) must be placed in an airtight plastic bag or tote.
- Place clean bed linens and curtains in hot water and dry on the highest setting. In addition, place stuffed animals, shoes and other non-washable items in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes. Once dried, items must be put in a sealed, airtight plastic bag or tote until treatment is complete.
- Use a dry stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbug carcasses and their eggs, using a vacuum to clean debris as you scrub. When finished, remove mattress and box springs from bed frame and lean against a wall for treatment.
- After vacuuming the mattress and surrounding areas, immediately take vacuum cleaner outside and empty into trash bin. Then, leave vacuum outside or in the garage for a few hours.
- Purchase mattress and box spring encasement to install after treatment. Bed bugs may live many months without feeding. Therefore, it’s crucial to keep the encasement on your mattress and box springs for at least 6 months after treatment. This helps to ensure that all bugs in the mattress are dead.
- Remove all outlet and switch covers from walls in infected area.
- No pedestal bed frames or platform framed beds will be treated. For treatment, all bed frames must be legged bed frames. Once bed bugs have been eliminated, you may again use the pedestal or platform bed frames.