WORRIED ABOUT BED BUGS?
Bed bugs have made a resurgence in the Wichita area in recent years. However, controlling the issue and eliminating bed bugs can be difficult. Therefore, bed bug control should be left to the professionals at Betts Pest Control. Further, we have trained technicians with the expertise and equipment to eliminate bed bugs.
How do bed bugs get in your home?
Generally, someone in your home has been exposed to a place with a bed bug infestation. To clarify, this can include hotels and motels, friends’ homes, neighbors, or places of business. Additionally, bed bugs are often reintroduced by individuals revisiting an infested location.
Bed bugs can be found anywhere. If you notice any signs of bed bugs, it’s important to call a licensed professional right away. At Betts, we are proud to provide professional and efficient bed bug control services to eliminate these pesky bugs.
Bed Bug Pre-Service Checklist
*If preparation is not completed there will be no service*
- Remove all loose items such as clothing, shoes, toys, books, trash, etc. from the floor of the room(s) being treated. Care must be exercised to avoid spreading bed bugs to other parts of the house until treatment is complete.
- Any items removed from the infected room(s) must be placed in an airtight plastic bag or tote.
- Place clean bed linens and curtains in hot water and dry on the highest setting. In addition, place stuffed animals, shoes and other non-washable items in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes. Once dried, items must be put in a sealed, airtight plastic bag or tote until treatment is complete.
- Use a dry stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbug carcasses and their eggs, using a vacuum to clean debris as you scrub. When finished, remove the mattress and box springs from the bed frame and lean against a wall for treatment.
- After vacuuming the mattress and surrounding areas, immediately take the vacuum cleaner outside and empty it into the trash bin. Then, leave the vacuum outside or in the garage for a few hours.
- Purchase mattress and box spring encasement to install after treatment. Bed bugs may live many months without feeding. Therefore, it’s crucial to keep the encasement on your mattress and box springs for at least 6 months after treatment. This helps to ensure that all bugs in the mattress are dead.
- Remove all outlet and switch covers from walls in the infected area.
- No pedestal bed frames or platform-framed beds will be treated. For instance, all bed frames must be legged bed frames. Once bed bugs have been eliminated, you may again use the pedestal or platform bed frames.